About This Landlords Insurance

Policy Overview

Whether you have just one rental property or a portfolio of many, specially designed landlord insurance, also known as buy-to-let insurance, is essential to protect your investment and rental income.

Standard home insurance is not sufficient for rental properties as there are additional elements of cover required, such as covering loss of rental income if the property is left uninhabitable due to a fire or flood and paying the cost of alternative accommodation for your tenants if required.

Cover is available for professional, student and DSS rentals along with rental income cover for periods of unoccupancy between tenants.

Buildings insurance also covers accidental damage to fixed glass, sanitary fixtures and underground services.

Contents insurance covers accidental damage to audio, video and computer equipment as well as theft of contents in locked outbuildings up to the value of £2,500.

This landlord insurance policy is provided by Towergate Insurance. By clicking the Get A Quote button, you will leave the British Insurance website and you will be redirected to Towergate Insurance. British Insurance cannot be held responsible for the content of the Towergate Insurance website and by using this website you will be subject to their terms of use.

Please check the policy wording for full cover details and exclusions.

Policy Documents

This insurance is underwritten by a consortium of insurers led by Royal and Sun Alliance.

Full details of the cover provided along with any exclusions or eligibility requirements can be found within the following documents.

Please ensure you have read these documents prior to taking out cover.

Copies of the policy wording and policy summary (or Keyfacts) documents as well as Towergate Underwriting’s terms of business are available below.

Please ensure you have read these documents before taking out landlords insurance.

Pdf Logo policy wording

Pdf Logo policy summary (or Keyfacts)

Pdf Logo terms of business